I got cast as the leading character in my first show in a year. I guess it's good news. To be honest, I'm feeling ambivalent towards it - not because it's a bad script, but because it's still non-union, non-paying work. I guess landing a job after only auditioning for a week isn't bad, but I have my eye on a bigger prize at the moment. But looking on the positive end of the spectrum, this gives me something to do and the show will be only going up for one night (Oct. 21st) at the Zipper Factory. The writers are trying to get the show picked up by producers. So who knows what's gonna happen with this show. But the show is titled Get Some and my character is an Asian lesbian. Yeah ... so for the next month I will be a lesbian. Yay.
I was granted a little comfort today. I ran into a colleague at an audition today and he mentioned that the season has been a bit slow for Asians in general. He has friends who have agents and are usually sent out for things all the time. He told me that his friends had mentioned that they hadn't been sent out on anything recently. So it made me feel a little better that my agent hasn't called once in the two weeks I've been back. At the same time, there's a part of me that doesn't expect my agent to call - ever. Ah well, keep truckin' along, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment