Thursday, September 15, 2011

Murphy's Law


So these past couple of weeks have been one of the busiest weeks in the artistic department for me. Last Tues evening I headed down to San Diego to film my second day on the commercial I booked for Sycuan Casino and Resort. (Call time was 4am. I managed to get about 4 hours of sleep this time, as opposed to my first day where I had a 3:30am call time and only 1 hour of sleep.) I spent the whole day in a micro-mini skirt and 5 inch heels. I was in them for 11 hours! My feet HURT!!! I then drove the 2 hour journey back home as soon as shooting was done.


Then the following Saturday I had a workshop with Scott David, casting director with April Webster - huge casting office! Current big show that he casts is
Criminal Minds. Then on the following Monday, I had an audition for an acting internship at A Noise Within, theater company located in Glendale that focuses on classical plays. Yes, I was pretty busy with prepping monologues and scenes. On top of that I was working my restaurant job.

So guess what happened??? I got sick! Got the flu! And it wasn't a 24 -48 hour bug. No! It's been a week and a half I'm
still not 100% out of the woods yet! I had laryngitis, headaches, body aches, running nose, cough ... you name it! Everything but the fever. It got so bad that I actually went to my doctor and she put my on antibiotics. Not only am I still currently on the antibiotics, I'm also on antibiotic eye drops because I'm a genius and managed to get my eyes infected too! Hopefully I should be done with antibiotics this weekend.

I did all my auditions with half a voice. I had this raspy, whispery thing going, which was either really sexy or chain smoker. I gave the choice to whomever I was speaking to. I think it was just peer determination to do well because I wowed Scott David (whom I was secretly petrified to meet because I had heard that he could be a bit of a bitchy gay man) and I nailed my audition for A Noise Within! Personally I think it was the voice. It gave me some mystery. Unfortunately, I'm getting better and my voice is getting back to normal. Haha!

But yes, I am now an acting intern (albeit an unpaid one, but I need some artistic outlet at this point) at A Noise Within and they've decided to put me in their first production of the fall season, which is
Twelfth Night. I'll probably be part of the ensemble and be doing a lot of dancing/pracing around. Either way, it's something TO DO while I wait for my agent to get me those tv/movie auditions. It'll also be nice to get involved in the LA theater community and meet new people. I have a feeling I am going to disappear for the next few months. This internship lasts until December.

Next on the agenda: How to get rid of this damn dry cough?!?!

No comments: