There's honestly not too many exciting things to report on at the moment. I've started to get auditions through my agent, which is good. Now just have to book something. Still working at the restaurant and hating people and their over-the-top requests. Trying to start booking things so I can stop working at the restaurant. Just truckin' along ...
So somewhat pathetically, the main consistent pleasure in my life has been the chinchilla. He's up when I get home from the restaurant and ready to play. I have to say, I've discovered that chinchillas can't see very well with light. So instances where I previously thought my chinchilla was dumb, I've now realized that he was just blind! I mentioned that he would run into walls and then stare at the wall, bewildered that it was there. Well, I'd be surprised too to run into a wall if I couldn't see it in the first place! Another sign that the chinchilla is not dumb: I've potty trained him. I have no idea how! But he knows I don't like it when he pees on the floor or carpet. He'll only pee in his cage or on cardboard. Dumb animals don't usually understand potty training - at least in my mind!
Third sign that the chinchilla isn't dumb: He's learning how to play fetch! That's when I noticed that he can't see. I tossed a treat to the other side of the room. Emo followed it via a zig zag trail, which led me to believe he was following the treat's scent.
Oh, pets. I will say, Emo is a very happy chinchilla! That's just a gut feeling, but he's always excited to see me when I get home. Either that or he knows I'm the one with the treats! Haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment