So a few of you heard that I was going to get a drastic haircut.
Ta-daa!!!
I really like it! I'm diggin' it! So why did I cut my hair? Well, I did mention that some things were starting to look up in my last post. I didn't want to talk about it much because I didn't want to jinx myself but here goes:
As many of you know, I decided to leave this manager that I had met in New York. While she did help me get representation in NY, she had no idea what to do out here in LA. She definitely tried to "fake it" and it became clear that she wasn't really doing anything for me. Quite frankly, she didn't know what to do for me and was waiting and watching to see what I would do so she could ride on my coat-tails. I got impatient with her and finally ended my relationship with her. After that, I put together submission packets and mailed them out to about fifty-something Los Angeles managers in hopes that one of them would respond. That's pretty much when I stopped writing posts because I hadn't heard from anyone. I was just working my restaurant jobs and was just barely holding on to any type of hope I could muster. Finally, at the end of August - BREAK THROUGH!!!
I was contacted by Roz Tillman from Roz Tillman Management. After meeting with her, she unfortunately, couldn't take me on as her client. She said that I needed a lot of development and that it would be too much time and money that she did not have. However, it was clear that I needed help advertising myself and that I desperately needed an agent, which Roz was willing to help me with. So I hired her as a consultant and I have pretty much become her side project. Through her I have met an agent who is interested in taking me on. This agent is with Pacific West Artists, but she doesn't know what to do with me. This means that the she isn't sure as to what type of roles I fit, nor is she sure how to advertise me. So Roz has been working with me to figure out a way to make me look a little more distinct, especially since all the Asian actresses who are currently working have the long, straight hair. In fact, they pretty much all had the same hair cut, me included! Thus, the make-over!
2 comments:
cuuuute!
you pull that off so well, girl! seriously...very hot. you look very confident and grown up, but in a good way. tres chic. :-)
Haha! Thanks lady!
Post a Comment