Friday, September 10, 2010

LA Country Fair!


Hi!

It's been a long time since I've written anything. It wasn't because I had decided to quit my blog, it was because I really didn't have much to say. Life was becoming stagnant and while waiting for things to happen, I was in a bit of a negative state of mind. No one wants to read posts where someone is just complaining and being a Debbie-downer. Thankfully, things have been looking up, which shall be elaborated on later. For now, LA County Fair!!!

I went with one of my childhood best friends, Roz. This was definitely a refreshing outing that I needed, filled with side-show attractions, rides, games, novelty inventions, animals, and mostly with the anticipation of unhealthy carnival food.

Our food list:
1. Hot dog
2. Dill pickle
3. Funnel cake
4. Cotton candy

All 4 of those foods: Check!

Other highlights of the day:

Feeding the goats, cows, and llamas in the petting zoo



And then they started to get a little agressive:

Roz's face says it all! Haha!

I loved this little guy:
He didn't gruffly pester me for food. He gently nudged me and followed me around. I will reward that type of behavior! In fact, Roz made a crack about how feeding the farm animals reflected on our parenting skills. She was talking to the goats, asking them not to jump on her (which was quite humorous because I'm pretty sure goats don't understand English). Although I should mention that she's a Special Education teacher, so that's probably how she deals with her kids. I, on the other hand, would shove any goat that jumped on me and then refused to give him/her food.

Roz thinks my method would get better disciplinary results. Perhaps, but I'm not so sure it would be the best way to parent. Her children might be a little unruly whereas my children might be a little traumatized.

This guy cracked me up.
I apparently found a spot on his back that was really itchy. So he stood there and let me scratch him, bobbing his head up and down.

We both look very uncomfortable.
This is a horrible picture of Roz and I. We're on a ferris wheel. I took the picture to distract ourselves because we immediately regretted getting on the damn thing!
I don't know about you but as I've gotten older, I've become progressively more scared of heights.
Therefore, ferris wheel =
REALLY bad idea!


Look what I won!!!
I popped a bunch of balloons with darts. We named him Porkchop. :0)

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a picture of my favorite display at the fair. It didn't really turn out well with my camera, but I loved the table settings. They had this competition for creating a table setting design and some of the themes I saw were outrageous, intricate, and overall quite awesome!

And of course, we had to watch the pig races:


All in all, this day was a pretty awesome day!

Next time though, I want someone who'd be adventurous enough to try this with me:

I know it sounds gross, but I'm curious! Can't wait until next year!

No comments: