Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fie, I say!


Well this year is off to a great start, and I say that with great sarcasm. I was expecting my logging job at 51 Minds to resume at the end of this month. I've just been informed that the company is basically in "survival mode". People who were supposed to be promoted are not being promoted and practically everyone is being laid off left, right, and center. While technically I am still employed by the company, I probably won't be working on this upcoming show. I was told that the company would usually have a team of at least 20 loggers on a show and they are going to only hire 8 loggers for this new show. I've started applying for other hospitality jobs and I will be talking to one of my logger friends to help me apply for other logging jobs.

I am so disappointed and frustrated. I was really hoping the job would pull through. Damn the economy and damn that bastard who killed his wife and himself last year! Bleh!

No comments: