"You've become a pretty girl. Don't be like your Aunt Judy and marry an ugly man like your Uncle Danny." - Mom, "Mom-ism" #1538
My Aunt Judy was apparently a very pretty girl when she was younger. So, um, thanks for the compliment, Mom?
My parents say the quirkiest things. Dad gives me back-handed compliments and Mom just says things that come from left field.
We went to a wedding. One of my mom's friend's daughter was getting married. I actually grew up with the bride. However, being that a bride is always crazy busy during her own wedding, I didn't manage to get a picture with her.
But I did manage to get a picture with the Maid of Honor, whom I also grew up with:
This is Rainbow. Yes, I actually know someone named Rainbow. And no, she's not a hippie (although her parents might have been) and she's really cool! So stop judging her name!!!
For those who have been listening to me vent/helping me with the ordeal of finding the right dress for this wedding, I hope these two pictures pacify all curiosity! Although I do find it ironic that during this frustrating quest to find that damn dress, I had asked my mother if it was alright if I got a white dress. My mom had said no because a) it would distract from the bride and b) white was the funeral color for the Chinese. And the color she's wearing is ... *shrugs* C'est la vie, no?
No comments:
Post a Comment