Exhaustion seems to be a recurring theme with me having been back to LA. Sorry, I'll try to come up with more of a variety of emotions to write about.
By the way, does anyone know how to upload photos from a cell phone? My friends like to think they're funny when they take pictures of me in compromising positions. And I have a masochistic sense of humor that makes me want to post this picture. I went rock climbing this past weekend and was struggling with this particular wall when my friend took his camera phone out and snapped away. Rock climbing is awesome!!! Can't wait to do it again!
Lately I've been training to become a server at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. They've broken training down into four levels. Currently I've been stuck on the 3rd level. I'll be repeating it for a 4th time tomorrow. I think the main reason for all of this repetition is that no one really explained to me exactly what level my performance had to be in order to pass. So now that I've gotten a better idea, I've realized that if you come to Bubba's and ask to sit in my section, you'll basically be signing up for The Simmone Improve Show Dinner Theater!!!!!! Holy cow ... I mean, most of you guys know that I'm pretty perky most of the time ... but this is gonna be like watching Simmone on crack. Jesus ... What's funny, though, is that if you talk to the other servers in the restaurant, you'll see that my personality fits right in. I actually like the job, even though I don't particularly like waiting tables - mostly because everyone is laid back and easy to get along with. And basically you're trying to have fun with all your customers so time passes by really quickly. By the end of the night, my inner dialogue is "Man, why does my back hurt?!? Oh ... maybe because I've been here for 6 hours ..."
So if you're in the LA area, stop on by to Bubba Gump! Except not yet! I'm not done with training yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment