Yes, I've been MIA lately, due mostly to getting settled back in my hometown. I will have pictures of my new apartment soon!!! Mostly now, my days are spent unpacking and submitting my resume for jobs. I'm praying that things will pick up in the acting department and that SAG won't go on strike. If they do, at least I can pursue what ever theater they have out here and try to get my Equity card. I have a hypothesis that it'll be easier to get my Equity card out here because there are less actors competing for roles in theater, as opposed to New York which is primarily a theater town.
Basically, I've decided that for the year 2009, I'm going to let life happen to me. For the past two years, I've been obsessing about my career and quite frankly, I'm just exhausted. If I've learned anything from the past year, I need to enjoy my personal life and just live. The good part is, I'm in LA now and I have a car!!!! I'm no longer stranded by stupid public transportation!!! I can go places!!! I can go to places where I can have fun!!!!! I know that the acting thing will happen eventually, but spending my time with friends and family - those are times I will never get back. And you know what else is also amazing??? The landscape is spread out so I feel like I can breathe!!!! So yes, this has been a moment of "Simmone Growing Up". Thanks for tuning into the program.
By the way, my mom was totally lashing out at Canadians earlier today, which I thought was funny. And no, there really wasn't anything that provoked her mini-rant. She just randomly started going off on the Canadians. I can't really remember what she had said ... something about Canadians being artificial Americans. Hahaha!
No comments:
Post a Comment