Ladies and Gentlemen, I have done it again! I have successfully managed to become nocturnal ... again. Can you hear the sarcasm oozing out of my mouth?!? I think this happens to me once a year. I almost got through 2008 unscathed!!! Dammit!!! I hate being nocturnal because then I pretty much have to instantaneously try to break myself of this cycle because stuff happens during the day and I have to be awake for it! Recombobulating myself is quite difficult. Well, I guess this is what happens when you have absolutely. nothing. to. do. I am bored outta my mind! I mean, I have come up with a few projects to keep myself busy, I make a point to go to the gym if I don't have any evening plans, I do what ever "acting" errands I have to do, I go out for gigs when my temp agent calls, but I'm still bored. You know that feeling? At least I don't have to wake up at 5am just so I can get to the Actors Equity Center by 6:30am, and then sit there all day to see if there's any possibility I can get an audition for a stupid Equity show. That was becoming one of the most discouraging and thankless activities in my listless existence in NYC. How ironic would it be if I managed to get my Equity card out in LA? It's possible! We'll see. 56 more days to go!!!! *sigh* Damn.
Politics:
- Obama won!!!! Holy crap! Now, let's put aside the issues of the nation for a second and let's just soak in the fact that we have a black man for President!!!!! That's exciting! Two thoughts occurred to me while watching his acceptance speech. One was, "Thank God I don't have to read this in a text book and get tested on it." I'd hate to be any generation following mine. I remember how much history I had to learn and memorize in high school and I don't think I can imagine a greater Hell than having to learn MORE. It's easier to remember history when you're living through it. Haha! My second thought was, "White Supremacists, look at ya now, suckas!". Which was then quickly followed by a desperate, "Please, God! Don't let this President get assassinated!" If there's one thing I don't want to live through, it's living through the assassination of a President. I don't know if I can deal with the after effects of 9/11, the 2nd Iraq War, the underlying fear of Al Quaida and Bin Laden, ALONG with the assassination of a President. But you can't be smug with White Supremacists without instantly being slightly paranoid.
- The McCain I liked resurfaced! It was something about his concession speech, besides the fact that it was an awesome speech. I actually liked McCain back in 2004 and would've actually voted for him had he been the Republican candidate to run against Kerry. I know this may shock many of my liberal friends, but I had always felt that McCain, while on paper was conservative, could appease some of the petty bi-partisan bickering in this nation. But then he was accused of betraying his party and then, well, he became a politician that I didn't care too much for. Anyhoo, watching his speech, it seemed that the man who at heart was the moderate conservative had come back. I found the admiration I had for him 4 years ago come back and I don't think he could have been more gracious. Hopefully in my future, when I suffer any loses or failures, I pray that I can be as gracious as him.
- George W. Bush ... heh ... well, I find that the most interesting thing about him right now is the fact that he is the topic of a movie: W. directed by Oliver Stone.

Noel and I saw this movie a little over a week ago. This movie is actually intended to be a serious documentary. However, it's hard to keep a straight face because "Bush-isms" (i.e. "misunderestimate" or "I am the decider!") go hand-in-hand with the character of George W. Bush. I actually enjoyed this film. I think the most interesting thing is that if you can manage to pull yourself away from thinking about the current state of this nation and just look at the man, you actually feel sorry for him. W. isn't a bad guy. All he wanted was to live up to the Bush name and make his father proud of him. Unfortunately, he wasn't ready for the job and screwed his brother, Jeb over for any chance of the Presidency. Whoops! The one thing I didn't enjoy about this film was the director of photography. I don't get this "new" trend. All films do not need to be turned into the Blair Witch Project!!!!!! I did not pay $12 (yes, it's $12 now to see a movie, which is retarded!!!) to sit in a dark room, with my eyes shut, to listen to a movie. I don't know why directors/cameramen think it's a great idea to consistently move the camera. Maybe it's an artistic choice and they want the viewer to see what it's like from the character's point of view? Especially when the character is running??? Newsflash: I know what the world looks like while running and it doesn't shake as badly as it does on film!!! So cut it out!!!! So would I recommend this film? Yes, unless you know you have bad motion sickness. Then I would recommend that you take a dose of Dramamine, or go see the film with a bucket to catch any stray drops of vomit that might floating around.
Hmmm ... now off to try to go to sleep, again. Guess I'll try to sleep through what ever is left of the night. Being that it's now Nov. 5th, I only have 55 more days until I move!!!! Damn ... someone wake me up when it's Thanksgiving.
Update: Prop 8 passed. I'm upset about that. I guess one step at a time - at least we got Obama. There has got to be some way to be able to give gays the same rights as heterosexual couples. Damn you, religion and state!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment