8 years ago
Monday, October 6, 2008
The Radio Show - The Aftermath
So I downloaded the podcast of the radio show I was on. I actually considered streaming it on here so that everyone could listen. However, one of the DJ's did the racist "Chinaman" impression while they were trying to pronounce my last name - which I unfortunately, didn't hear during the broadcast. I don't know how many of you have ever been on the radio, but there was a lot of stuff going on at the time. So I didn't catch the "Chinaman", although I really wish I had because I would've said something to him. I did send an e-mail to my director that I was offended and hopefully I won't be accused of being too sensitive. But I am incensed and I will not be posting the broadcast. The cast has been asked to do another radio interview. Hopefully no one will be racist this time. I'm just angry that people would think that talking like Mickey Rooney's "Chinaman" is funny. This is frickin' 2008! I think I'm more angry about the fact that I missed it so on the broadcast it sounds like I'm totally okay with it. A man did it to my face and I let it slide! It's been two days and I'm still pissed! I am absolutely livid!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my god simmone, I'm so sorry to hear about that! I am so happy for you that you found a show, esp one that is getting so much publicity ...but this is not as nice. I can understand how frustrating it must be to realize it only after the fact...are you going to write a letter to the station?
on a totally separate note, I'm sorry that I haven't written back yet...I've been waiting to send you a full fledged response, but time seems to get away from me and now it's been long enough that I should give up on extensive writing and just send you something to acknowledge yu and let you know that I appreciate you and your letter.
Anyway, I wish you the best!
Post a Comment