It's the Drama Shorties!
By definition, a Drama Shortie is of 5ft 1in or shorter and was part of the South Pasadena High School drama program between 1999-2002.
In other words, Roz, Rudy, and I have been friends since elementary school and we all went through the trauma of our high school drama teacher. This is the first time all three of us have been together since 2003 and it was quite a happy reunion. Unfortunately, some people have no skills at taking pictures and I had to crop a lot of crap out. So it's a bit disappointing that the picture isn't any bigger.
I feel like I've been out in LA for ages, which is a wonderful thing, in my mind. I'm definitely catching up with the sleep and just feeling relaxed for the first time in a long time. I don't wanna go back to New York! *sob!* But I still have a week left out here, so I won't think about NYC until then!!!
Similarly to my last post, it's always refreshing to come home and watch my parents. They just bought a brand new flat screen HD TV. We had just finished watching the American men's volleyball team win the Gold at the Olympics and reporters were interviewing the head coach when:
Dad: "Wow. You can see all his pores and blackheads."
Me: "Well, you did get an HD TV for higher definition - so there you go!"
Mom: "Yuck!"
For the most part, it seems that my parents are quite happily moving along as "empty-nester's". My parents built a monstrosity of a deck in our backyard, which used to consist of an empty hill covered in ivy:
I actually really like the deck, although it does look a bit intimidating upon first glance. We live on a hill and it allows one to see an impressive view:


The deck also gave way to gardening, which seems to have given Mom a new semi-hobby. I say "semi" because she isn't actually doing the gardening - she tells the gardener what she wants:

Perhaps this is what I will look like in 40 years?!?

Clearly Mom isn't too happy about having her picture taken.
I've decided that my career coach stresses me out. I had a coaching call with her this past Thursday and I totally started to panic when she asked if I had any auditions lined up for when I returned to NY. I answered "yes", which was a complete lie, but I didn't want to hear anything from her. I know lying to a coach who is trying to help you is counter-productive, but I REALLY didn't want to deal with someone lecturing me or making me feel like I'm not doing anything. Actually, she already made me feel like that with me not being truthful so I can only imagine it would've been worse had I told her the truth. It's not that I plan on sitting on my butt doing nothing when I get back to New York - for those who know me well, they know that I'm quite motivated and tend to drive myself crazy when I'm not doing anything. Essentially, I've decided that I need to end coaching with this lady because I need to stop obsessing about my career for a while. It'll be good for my own mental health and tolerance for NY. Thankfully, I only have 5 more coaching calls with this lady, which happens weekly. Now that I have an agent, I'd like to see how things go according to my own pace. It's difficult to not worry about things I can't control when I have someone constantly over my shoulder reminding me about them.
1 comment:
Wow... that deck looks like a line at Six Flags or the stairway to heaven.... I haven't quite decided yet LOL
I'm glad you're moving away from the coaching lady.... if you're under that much stress, nothing productive could come from it. Or you could actually start to succeed and then be so miserable because of all the stress and have a tragic ending before your career actually gets into bloom!
Post a Comment