8 years ago
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Pain. Lots of Pain.
I have been suffering from very strong abdominal cramps for about a week now. At first I thought they were really bad menstrual cramps, but being that my period ended and the cramps continued, it seemed to rule out that possibility. These cramps are ridiculously intense. I always want to curl up in fetal position and start breathing to pass through the pain. It's really bad when I'm working because, well, when you serve tables you have to pretty much be on the go all the time. So I went to the doctor and she thinks it is pain induced by stress. I've definitely had an extremely stressful past 4 months and I will probably write more about it when my tummy isn't bothering me. My doctor has prescribed a muscle relaxant for me, but for those who've taken muscle relaxants before, they don't work unless you are actually making an effort to stay calm. Kinda difficult when working a stressful restaurant job or auditioning for something (especially when auditioning for something! Nerves are most certainly not my friends! And neither is pain!). I have so far discovered that my stomach muscles stop convulsing when I'm driving (I guess driving really relaxes me) and hot baths. Anyone got a hot water bottle I could borrow?
On the flip side, I've apparently gotten a small taste of mild labor pains. Awesome.
Labels:
Health
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment