Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Oh, and Before I Forget, It's Black History Month


Imagine that you're an Asian American and you get a text message that says "Happy Black History Month!" on February 1st. How do you respond to that?

"Um, thanks? You too?"

Well, that was my response. Later on that day, I was talking to my friend Mahon, who is black about Black History Month.

Conclusion: Being that it's Black History Month, we should do black things all month. Soul Food Sundays here we come! Let's put on 30 lbs! Asian History Month is in May (Yes, we do actually have a month. Go figure! Personally, I think our month should be in Feb because that's when Chinese New Year is, but apparently it already belongs to Black people so we can't have it), so it'll be time to do Asian things that month. Dim Sum every Sunday in May? Anybody?

In any case, being that this is the time of year where various months are dedicated to celebrating the history of various minority groups, I thought this video might prove relevant:


No comments: