So I had my first print ad audition, and it was bizarre. For those of you who don't know what a print ad is, it's an ad in a magazine, billboard, poster, etc. that's usually a photo of people doing things related to the project. This ad was for a SONY Walkman (pictured) and being that this was for print, I just expected my picture to be taken. In addition to taking my picture with the walkman, they made me sing. No one knew we had to sing "Love in this Club" by Usher, which was the song linked with this campaign, least of all know the words. Yeah ... talk about everyone having an awkward audition. Why they had us sing for a PRINT audition is beyond me, but it was pretty awesome - in a really embarrassing way! Mental note: Simmone can't sing R&B.
In regards to the acting intensive that some of you knew I had enrolled in, it was highly successful. I got to work/audition for 21 casting directors and agents for 3 days, 12 hours each day. It was quite a grueling weekend and sort of felt like I was back in school. I got some insight as to what it's like to work with a camera, what it's like to work on a soap opera, and a taste of what a commercial audition is like. I did not know that an actor basically improvises an entire commercial. Apparently, you go in to the audition, improv an activity with the lines you were given the night before, and if you're chosen for the job, the writers of the commercial will write the commercial based on what you did. It kind of makes sense when you think about it. So I was very enlightened by the end of the weekend and I will definitely say, that in regards to representation ... hee hee! I don't want to say too much yet because I don't want to jinx myself. ;0)
No comments:
Post a Comment